The Social Science Faculty is an enthusiastic, committed and high achieving team of specialists who all strive to achieve one common goal which is to provide “A high, quality level of education” to all the students at Moreton.
We aim to:
- Raise standards of achievement for all students
- Provide students with motivating, exciting and diverse lessons
- Provide models of excellence in Health & Social Care and Child Development & Care
- Raise Post 16 participation, providing students with appropriate skills for employment
The department seeks to continuously improve and build upon the excellent standards and grades it has already achieved.
We offer a three-year Key Stage Four, students are currently being taught OCR Cambridge National in Health and Social Care and the new Cache Child Development qualification, Technical Award in Child Development and Care, in line with recent government changes. First certification of this qualification will be summer 2020.
Philosophy & Aims
We are a dynamic and innovative Faculty committed to advancing the standard of learning and teaching within our area. The skills and knowledge learnt within the Social Science Faculty can enhance learning in other areas of the curriculum and beyond the students’ life within school into the wider community and environment.
Our philosophy supports the whole school policy by ensuring success for all is achieved through mutual respect and collaboration. We believe in promoting an ethos that is opposed to discrimination so everyone can achieve their potential as lifelong learners.
The Social Science Faculty aims to provide each pupil with knowledge and understanding of all sectors. It also provides opportunities for all pupils to learn the importance of how Health, Social Care and Early Years settings function and how professionals work within each of these areas.
The Social Science Faculty will continuously develop and deliver a range of programmes which are challenging, interesting, innovative and relevant. It will deliver these programmes both effectively and efficiently and seek to continuously improve the quality of both teaching and learning.
As a Faculty we aim to:
- Provide all pupils with the skills and knowledge of how Health, Social Care and Early Years settings work.
- Create opportunities for pupils to apply their theoretical knowledge taught as part of the curriculum in order to improve and develop their understanding.
- Encourage pupils to work in a professional manner as part of teams or independently.
- Provide pupils with the opportunities to present, assess, annotate and monitor their progress in order to identify personal needs and goals.
- Ensure that all pupils are provided with a stimulating, rewarding, safe and caring environment.
- To ensure that each pupils’ individual needs are meet and ensure that each pupil achieves their full potential.
Social Science Staff
Miss P.McAuley – Head of Faculty